14 June, 2011

arte en las calles

I now find myself lightly drifting between English and Spanish after making it through my first few weeks abroad.  I have also transitioned from language school and the luxury of living with a host family, who washed and ironed my laundry and fed me fresh fruit every morning, to working and living in a house with 15 other medical students, doctors and other personnel. In order to mark this transition my traveling partners and I all decided to spend the weekend in La Paz.

Bolivia continues to fascinate me with its diverse climates, division between peoples and distinctly cultural cities. I'm still tossing it around in my head and trying to decide how to process everything. How much should I share here? In what way - a narrative? an essay? something more artistic?

There are at least 99 ways that La Paz strikes me as being completely different from Cochabamba. One of them is the amount of art work in the streets.

Cochabamba



La Paz - this little guy popped up all over the place



Copacabana



La Paz



La Paz



La Paz



La Paz



La Paz



La Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...