24 April, 2010

happy earth day

Well, I am a couple days late, but I wanted to share these photos anyway. Yesterday my husband needed the car so I walked home from work. It was the perfect day for a long walk. Every house looked beautiful: with lush lawns, gardens full of blooming iris and trees with bright green adolescent leaves. One of my favorite things about spring (although there are many) is watching how quickly trees change from bare to bountiful. And the changes that the leaves go through. Beginning as bright tiny sprouts that stud the branches, then growing to small translucent leaves, to darker plump ones, until finally, when it really starts to warm up, they are large and firm and filled with the scars of life - from thunderstorms, bugs, and sunshine. It makes a nice parallel to life. And it repeats every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...